Thursday, November 16, 2017

Orange place mats

First up a gratuitous picture of the view from my kitchen window.  Saw the sun catching on the freight ship but I wasn't quick enough finding my camera.  Love the colour in the dunes.
  
Finished two mats in the pattern I spoke of last post and they do look so dynamic when hemmed and pressed.


Unfortunately, I'd used most of the warp making this table centre to match four mats made previously in 4 colour double weave but with an altered tie up.  My little camera had a hard time capturing them as the pattern tends to shimmer a bit.
But, oooh, I do like them.

And a better picture of this piece that can be a table centre or runner for two, replacing single mats.

I'm liking this so much I'm wondering about fabric for top or jacket.  
Dreams keep us going!

No comments:

Post a Comment