Friday, April 20, 2012

Whew that was close!

Whew, that was close.  After a particularly busy day yesterday I made a boo boo.  I'd woven about 4 metres on a length of fabric and cut it off the loom and then wove through about half a blanket on the Mecchia loom.  It was 10pm so switched the computer off and turned off the loom drive box and said (insert very rude word).  I hadn't stopped the weave program and had no idea where I was up to.  Decided to sort it this morning and went to bed, luckily, not giving it another thought.  In a 48 row repeat pattern I had to try 42 of them before finding the correct place.  Thank goodness it wasn't longer.

I'm about to full the fabric length in the washing machine.  Its nearly 7 metres long, 39 inches wide and weighs just under 1.5 kilos (8 ply wool and mohair).  I'm wondering how others would go about fulling this.  As I have a commercial size washing machine, snaffled when we sold the motor camp, I don't think I'll have a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dianne,
    Great idea about the pet bed - I will give it a test run with our tabby Fatman (he is rather large so we shall see). I fulled 5 yards of 56" wide wool fabric in the bathtub using foot power - basically walking on it in hot soapy water for 30 minutes. The commercial-size machine sounds pretty good though!

    ReplyDelete