Thursday, April 19, 2012

Audio books

A couple a Christmas's ago my family gave me an MP3 player so I could listen to podcasts while weaving.  I recently discovered the audio book section at the library and have just listened to a couple of gems.

"Escape" by Carolyn Jessop who was born into a radical polygamist cult.  At eighteen, she became the fourth wife of a 50 year old man and she had 8 children in 15 years.  She wanted out but two things had to be in place before she could leave, her husband away and all her children at home with her.

"An Eagle Named Freedom" by Jeff Guidry and read by John Pruden.  This is a hauntingly beautiful tale of a remarkable friendship between Jeff and Freedom.

Both are an excellent listen.

By the way I read somewhere that a weaving podcast may be starting; has anyone heard?

No comments:

Post a Comment