Thursday, July 21, 2011

Echo Weave

Still trying to find a suitable 'bloppy' weave for a garment.  This looked great on the computer screen but not my ultimate dream.
Warp:  5 end advancing twillechoed with a 6 space shift.
TEX 74/2 merino two chains space dyed, 36 tpi
Weft:  5 end advancing twill, fine cashmere
Tie up:  plaited twill

And that's the rub.  Where the advancing twill came to the end of its sequence the plaited tie up has no continuity.  Which made the blops but also an area that doesn't flow.

I might start investigating vertical lines; I don't want horizontal or diagonal lines on my robust figure!  Hence the desire for blops.  Any suggestions?

I have struck a wee hic cup with the new compu dobby.  As its shaken into place shaft 8 decided it'd take a rest break from time to time and not rise.  As soon as Margaret and Jim heard they were on to it, offering suggestions on adjustments.  For some reason I had lots of phone interruptions yesterday and only wove 1 metre and just on 'knock off' time shaft 12 decided it needed a break too so maybe I need to tweek off the adjustment from yesterday.  Excellent after sale care from Mecchia's.

No comments:

Post a Comment