Thursday, June 3, 2010

What makes a successful exhibition?

How do you judge if an exhibition has been a success or not?  For all my anxiety and feelings of inadequacy I think I did OK.  I had fun, I was challenged,  judging by the questions asked I challenged others, I made a couple of sales, and met some lovely people.  I vote success.

One of my favourite moments was getting an elderly lady to try weaving on a rigid heddle loom, she managed about six pics before her concentration failed, but the look of joy on her face was priceless.  Her carer was also amazed and I think some of the rest home residents will now be given more opportunity to try activities instead of being told to watch.  Hmmm maybe I did absorb more occupational therapy training than I thought even though I fluffed out after 18 months!

Now concentrating on the paperwork for "Low Tide" exhibition at Inspirit.  CV, Artists statement, photos, and finishing off the hanging mechanisms, framing etc.

Am also side tracking  and spinning some gorgeous white alpaca and mulberry silk from Ridgedale Alpacas in Katikati - devine.  No end use planned, just enjoying the spinning.

2 comments:

  1. I think having and taking part in a exhibition with even one fabulous, new work that one worked hard for, is a success. And a sale? Oh, yeah. But in your case, you may have changed the lives of a few elderly folks this time, and that's HUGE. For them at least.

    Good luck with your next one, too, Dianne.

    ReplyDelete